Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serves: 6 to 8 Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes Bake Time: 30 minutes
1 pkg egg noodles, cooked according to instructions
3 frozen chicken cutlets
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small pkg mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 – 2 cups frozen peas
1 – 2 cups vegetable broth
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook egg noodles according to package directions and drain. In a large casserole dish, combine noodles with cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and one cup of vegetable broth.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken cutlets, salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Add about 1/4 cup vegetable broth to skillet and deglaze the pan by scraping the bottom of the skillet with a rubber spatula. Pour pan drippings over noodle mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to skillet, add onions and a little salt, cooking until just tender. Add mushrooms, peas, garlic powder, pepper and parsley, and cook until mushrooms are tender. Pour vegetable mixture onto the noodle mixture and combine.
6. Dice or shred the chicken cutlets and add to the noodle mixture, stirring to combine. Add additional broth as needed to moisten.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.